Tattva Global Wayanad High Curcumin Turmeric is directly sourced from small traditional tribal farmer communities of Wayanad who does farming as cash crops for their survival. The Turmeric is grown from the mature turmeric bulb (main root) sapling of the same crop for generations without extracting its Curcumin content. This natural organic crop is known for its beautiful deep orange texture, excellent strong aroma, and high medicinal & immunity developing properties.
Tattva Global Wayanad Pure Turmeric with high Curcumin is a another premium product as it comes from the high lands of Western Ghats, a region known for pure biodiversity with most favorable natural climate, traditional farming methods and untouched by chemical fertilizers and low quality, crop enhancing GMOs.
Quality: Tattva Global Wayanad Turmeric is cropped and processed by the traditional farming community with their age old expertise.
- The process starts immediately after cropping by separating the turmeric fingers from the main root/bulb, washing the crop thoroughly, sorting and leaving it for a day, which is known as sweating process. A required amount of mother roots or bulbs are kept for plating for the next crop.
- To cure the Turmeric Rhizomes, the sorted ones are then boiled (cured) by for about 30 to 40 minutes, which helps soften them, remove the raw odour and gelatinize the starch. The froth is then removed giving it the natural strong aroma. The Curcumin content remain intact as its not water soluble.
- The curing helps it to dry quickly as well as spread the flavor uniformly. The curing process also removes the external contamination and hidden deposits if any.
- Polishing is the next stage, which is removing the skin & rough surfaces mostly through traditional methods by hand or using gunny bags.
- The ready Turmeric are then naturally dried under sunlight, covered & protected from dust for about a week, till they turn hard and crispy. They are sent to the mill for powdering and further packing.
Benefits of Tattva Global Wayanad Turmeric: Curcuma Longa, The Rhizome or the underground root have been used for ages as a culinary spice and for medicinal purpose in South East Asia, especially India. Curcumin the most important compound in Turmeric has immense health & healing benefits and Tattva Global Wayanad Turmeric is known to have one of the highest Curcumin content (< 5%). Most of the Turmeric power available ‘off the shelf’ in India are the residue after Curcumin extraction and are adultered with chemical flavors, volume filler and taste enhancers.
Wayanad being a hilly area well protected by the Western Ghats and dense forests with a balance amount of summer and rainfall, maintains a natural fertile soil suitable for organic farming of spices and herbs.
High Curcumin Turmeric is promoted as a dietary supplement, scientifically proven to be an excellent immune booster, eases arthritic pain, delays or reverses Alzheimer’s disease, tones the skin and heals irritations, detoxes the body, smoothens the blood flow, heals digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease and many other ailments. However the Curcumin is fat soluble and excellent for cooking with meat & dairy products. Curcumin not being water soluble, it is advisable, if taken orally, to add a pinch of pepper, where the Piperine compound boosts the absorption of Curcumin by 2000%